Monday, February 14, 2011

Valentine's Day Love Letter

Haven't done anything for your valentine yet??? Time's running out!!! Here's an example of a great (sarcastic) Valentine's Day Love Letter that I gave to my friend, Lauren, on V-Day!

Dearest Lauren,

One would think that after a great number of years of having such perplexity over the enigmatic ways of women, a man would swear off that which muddles his mind and clouds his judgment. Yet the sparkle of your oceanic, blue eyes and the whiff of the roses in my garden that daily are reminiscent of your ever ladylike fragrance keep fresh in my mind both the striking beauty of your image and refreshing cynicism of your personality.



It is true that whilst the ways of women are to men both mysterious and alluringly entrapping, we as men cannot help but to be drawn to that which escapes our understanding. As the warriors of epics old flung themselves into the raging seas if to only catch a glimpse of the winged sirens by whose song they were enchanted, I too now fling myself into the glorious unknown if to only for a moment gaze upon your angelic face or spend but a fleeting second with your heavenly presence, for although you may not have wings, thou are indeed an angel at least in my own mind’s eye.


I must admit quite openly, that writing in such a flourished and embellished style, as if a writer of Victorian persuasions, has proven thus far to have a degree of difficulty that I did not anticipate. Yet I as I continue to write, I find that mere thoughts of you inspire my mind and add an energy to my pen otherwise unseen in other letters I have scribed. Truly, I rarely think of anything other than your beauty and charm. All other distractions of life, school, church, eating, hygiene, and other such trivialities have fallen by the wayside in lieu of fixing the full force of my very being on the deep love that we share.

Perhaps I go too far in my affections for you, but how could anyone ever find blame in my vigor? I have gazed upon the utmost beauties of all beauties and do not have the will to ever turn back. So let us push forward in our affections for one another and make haste to find a time and place at which we may meet and thusly pursue the appropriate roles and actions of courtship. I eagerly anticipate your reciprocation of this letter.

Sincerely yours forevermore,

Ethan

No comments:

Post a Comment